CUGH is now accepting applications for Small Global Health Education Grants!
Dr. Tom Hall, a global health leader and one of CUGH's greatest supporters has generously provided a gift to support global health education grants. CUGH members are invited to apply for either small grants (under $5,000) or for larger grants (up to $10,000). Deadlines for the grant proposals will be March 1, 2017 and September 1, 2017.
Areas of Interest for Grant Support Include but are not Limited to (Larger Grants Must Address One of the First Three Areas Marked with an Asterisk):
• Strengthen educational programs in Low and Middle income countries (LMIC) *
• Promote, develop and/or disseminate clinical and community case studies *
• Special education-related events at the annual CUGH conference*
• Identify and aggregate good practices, useful courses, teaching material, reports and guidelines in global health for open access sharing on CUGH’s website.
• Sponsor the development of educational materials and/or programs on the impacts of population growth on health and development
• Education-related projects and/or products, including program evaluation
• Survey planning, data collection and data analysis.
• CUGH Trainee Advisory Committee activities and projects
• Purchase of Information Technology (IT) technician time for specialized education-related work, e.g., developing interactive educational features, updating of educational resources on CUGH’s website
Criteria for Grant Approval:
• Consistent with the Mission of CUGH
• Consistent with the objectives of the grant to promote and facilitate global health education, education products and the evaluation of GH education methods and programs.
• Project impact and efficiency is optimized
• High quality proposal with potential for further development and contributions
• The lead P.I. of a grant application must be a member of CUGH either via university or individual affiliation.
• Grant funds shall not be used to pay or supplement salaries of the project leader. However short-term NON-FACULTY staff support to implement CUGH Education Committee-approved projects involving data collection, analysis, etc., can be covered.
• Half of an approved grant will be disbursed at the start of the project and the balance on project completion and submission to the CUGH Secretariat of a brief report of project accomplishments.
Criteria for Evaluating Grants:
• Proposal exemplifies educational goals of CUGH and the identified grant priorities (30)
• Clear description of project (10)
• Feasible methodology (10)
• Clear and realistic budget and budget justification (15)***
• Innovative proposal with potential to further global health education with high impact and efficiency (25)
• Plans for dissemination of project results and project sustainability/scalability (10)
***Institutional overhead costs are not allowable costs in these grants.
To apply, download the attached file and send to email@example.com.