CUGH is excited to announce the continuation of the tradition of recognizing global health excellence through 3 awards - and nominations are now being accepted!
Awardees will be announced at the 4th Annual CUGH Conference taking place March 14 - 16, 2013 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Washington DC.
The Awards Categories are:
- The CUGH-Velji Emerging Leadership Award
- The CUGH-Velji Award for Teaching Excellence In Global Health
- The CUGH-Velji Award for Global Health Project of the Year
Each awardee will be publicly recognized at the conference with a plaque and $1,000 provided by Drs. Anvar and Pari Velji.
Each CUGH Member School may nominate up to 2 individuals/projects from its campus for each of the 3 awards (6 nominations maximum). Nominations must be made by university faculty or staff. Self-nominations are not accepted.
Email your nomination(s) to: Karen Lam, email@example.com
Email Subject Line: “2013 CUGH Awards Nominations – YOUR SCHOOL NAME”
Deadline: Friday, February 15, 2013 (11:59pm PT)
Each nomination must include the following:
- Award Name
- Nominating Party’s: Name, Institutional Affiliation, Title at the Institution, Email Address, Phone Number
- Nominee’s: Name, Institutional Affiliation, Title at the Institution*
- Up to 500 words describing the nominee’s activities, character that makes him/her deserving of recognition in the category
- Nominee’s CV/Resume –maximum 2 pages (For Project of the Year Award, CVs/Resume/s of the Principle Investigator/s – maximum 2 pages.)
The winner of the awards should be prepared to receive the awards at the 4th Annual CUGH Conference on Friday March 15 or have a representative at the meeting to accept the award on their behalf.
The 4th Annual CUGH Conference, themed “Global Health: Innovation | Implementation | Impact” takes place March 14 – 16, 2013 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel. More conference information is available at: www.2013globalhealth.org
* Example: Professor, Family Medicine; 2nd Year Student/Nursing; PhD Candidate 2014, Dean, etc.
If you have any questions you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 202-974-6363.