CUGH addresses global health issues on behalf of the academic sector and its partners, by helping to harness the capabilities of academic institutions in research, education and service to achieve greater impact. We facilitate knowledge sharing, partnership development and the scaling up of evidence based solutions to bring new solutions to these challenges.
CUGH promotes and advocates for cooperative interdisciplinary programs in and among member universities. Being a member of CUGH brings your university into a dynamic association of more than 120 organizations globally that participate in CUGH activities. CUGH membership benefits include:
- Networking with leading academic global health programs and directors;
- Priority and discounted registration for CUGH’s premier annual global health meeting;
- Strong advocacy voice for academic-based global health programs with government and university leadership;
- Access to a global health information hub that includes: educational and program development materials, workshops, bulletins, and list serves;
- Optional program review and evaluation through the Directors’ mentorship program
- Institutional voting rights in CUGH elections and initiatives;
- Opportunities for participation in committees/working groups and for institutional representation on the Board of Directors;
- Access to the members’ only section of the CUGH Opportunities Board *
University membership in CUGH offers distinct and unique advantages to faculty and students to strengthen and expand their contributions to addressing global health challenges. It will augment your institution’s presence in the global health community, facilitate linkages with like-minded academics at institutions around the world, and provide access to information about job, research and training opportunities.
Please contact Karen Lam (email@example.com) at the Secretariat for further information on the membership application process for CUGH.