As university-based global health programs grow and expand, Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH) members will provide leadership in a number of key activities, such as:
- defining the field and discipline of global health;
- standardizing curricula and developing professional standards;
- advocating for global health funding and policy initiatives.
CUGH provides its members with a vehicle for:
- building a collective university voice to advocate for global health;
- systems and platforms that CUGH is in the process of developing for its members to simplify and streamline doing business internationally;
- collaborating and partnering with CUGH members and their extensive international network of partners.
Members are provided with discount registration fees for the CUGH annual meeting, which brings together leaders in global health policy, research, education and funding to learn about and seek solutions to the most urgent issues in global health.
In December 2011 CUGH and the Global Health Education Consortium (GHEC) successfully united the two organizations through a legal merger. The fully merged organization has retained the name and identity of CUGH.
Through the merger process, the memberships of both organizations will be united as well. GHEC Institutional members that were not also CUGH members in 2011 are invited to transfer their memberships to CUGH in 2012.
For more information about the benefits of CUGH membership, see our Membership Brochure.
CUGH is growing and wants to extend an invitation to academic institutions in Lower Middle Income Countries (LMIC) to join CUGH! If you are an academic institution that has an active partnership with one or more current CUGH member institutions in North America, you might be eligible for complimentary membership in CUGH. If you are a CUGH member that partners with institutions in LMIC countries, please share this membership opportunity with your partners. Click here to learn more and apply.
- Connect to more than 100 academic institutions
- Get access to tools to grow and expand your global health programs
- Attend the premier annual meeting in global health at discounted rates
- Access systems and platforms to simplify and streamline operating globally
- Network and develop collaborations amongst CUGH members for sharing education and research sites internationally